Friday, August 3, 2007

Grow follicles, grow

It really is a mystery you know. Here I am, willing my follicles to grow...grow follicles, grow. There are too few and they are too small. I haven't responded to the Puregon (again) and I'm confounding and befuddling my doctor no end!

The journey to motherhood is supposed to be spontaneous and delightful and intimate and sacred. For me, it is clinical and timed and stressful and invasive...but it is sooooo worth it! I look at my beautiful boy and wonder what I would do without him in my life. He is a miracle - I have always known that - but embarking on the climb to the top of Mt Parenthood again makes me realise just how miraculous he is. He is my angel-child, heaven sent and a gift from God himself. I am so thankful for him. The ambiguity of my feelings is quite overwhelming. Every disappointment for baby #2 makes me realise just how amazing it is we have baby #1. Bittersweet, thankful/longing, fulfilled unfulfillment - all of them juxtaposed against the backdrop of my maternal drive.

It really is a mystery.

No comments: